The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has released the preliminary report on a Feb. 28, 2014 fatality at a sand and gravel operation. Related: Keep Experienced Miners Safe The incident involved a 50-year-old supervisor with 27 years of experience who was ...
To keep your operation’s employees safe when working around and with stockpiles and highwalls, the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) offers these five best practices: Be aware of overhanging material when loading from stockpiles and highwalls. Stay back from the edge ...
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) reports the first metal/non-metal fatality of 2013 took place on Jan. 19. An assistant plant manager had been working on a lift to take samples from a highwall when a large rock fell ...
Due to accidents and methane ignitions at highwall miner and auger operations, the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) is providing best practices to aid mine operators in developing sound ground control plans. BEST PRACTICES • Provide adequate spacing/webbing between holes to ...
Gearing Up for a Safe Spring
Getting Pumped on Dewatering
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1604 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award354 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention188 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village144 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban132 Views