The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has released the preliminary report on a Feb. 28, 2014 fatality at a sand and gravel operation. Related: Keep Experienced Miners Safe The incident involved a 50-year-old supervisor with 27 years of experience who was ...
To keep your operation’s employees safe when working around and with stockpiles and highwalls, the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) offers these five best practices: Be aware of overhanging material when loading from stockpiles and highwalls. Stay back from the edge ...
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) reports the first metal/non-metal fatality of 2013 took place on Jan. 19. An assistant plant manager had been working on a lift to take samples from a highwall when a large rock fell ...
Due to accidents and methane ignitions at highwall miner and auger operations, the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) is providing best practices to aid mine operators in developing sound ground control plans. BEST PRACTICES • Provide adequate spacing/webbing between holes to ...
Gearing Up for a Safe Spring
Getting Pumped on Dewatering
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry743 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets548 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year291 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either282 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY124 Views