The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has released the preliminary report on a Feb. 28, 2014 fatality at a sand and gravel operation. Related: Keep Experienced Miners Safe The incident involved a 50-year-old supervisor with 27 years of experience who was ...
To keep your operation’s employees safe when working around and with stockpiles and highwalls, the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) offers these five best practices: Be aware of overhanging material when loading from stockpiles and highwalls. Stay back from the edge ...
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) reports the first metal/non-metal fatality of 2013 took place on Jan. 19. An assistant plant manager had been working on a lift to take samples from a highwall when a large rock fell ...
Due to accidents and methane ignitions at highwall miner and auger operations, the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) is providing best practices to aid mine operators in developing sound ground control plans. BEST PRACTICES • Provide adequate spacing/webbing between holes to ...
Gearing Up for a Safe Spring
Getting Pumped on Dewatering
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry476 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry321 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)280 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views