The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has released the preliminary report on a Feb. 28, 2014 fatality at a sand and gravel operation. Related: Keep Experienced Miners Safe The incident involved a 50-year-old supervisor with 27 years of experience who was ...
To keep your operation’s employees safe when working around and with stockpiles and highwalls, the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) offers these five best practices: Be aware of overhanging material when loading from stockpiles and highwalls. Stay back from the edge ...
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) reports the first metal/non-metal fatality of 2013 took place on Jan. 19. An assistant plant manager had been working on a lift to take samples from a highwall when a large rock fell ...
Due to accidents and methane ignitions at highwall miner and auger operations, the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) is providing best practices to aid mine operators in developing sound ground control plans. BEST PRACTICES • Provide adequate spacing/webbing between holes to ...
Gearing Up for a Safe Spring
Getting Pumped on Dewatering
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability542 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park357 Views
- Video: Behind the scenes with Lego Technic's wheel loader R&D288 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 273 Views
- Founder of Florida Crushed Stone dies185 Views