Tags: injury rate
Metal and nonmetal mining saw an increase of approximately 27 percent in deaths in 2013, bringing the fatal injury rate up by 0.0029 per 200,000 hours worked, according to preliminary data released by the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA). The ...
The National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association and the U. S. Department of Labor’s Mine Safety and Health Administration reaffirmed their decade-old alliance aimed at preventing injuries and illnesses at U.S. aggregates operations. The 2002 MSHA-NSSGA Alliance was the first ...
Nearly everyone has heard the phrase, ‘If you can’t walk the walk, don’t talk the talk.’ Those words echoed through my mind as I read a copy of the letter sent by Sen. John Kline (R-Minn.), who serves as chairman ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1117 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1031 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program477 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views
- U.S. Aggregates set to reopen quarry in Indiana192 Views