Tags: injury rate
Metal and nonmetal mining saw an increase of approximately 27 percent in deaths in 2013, bringing the fatal injury rate up by 0.0029 per 200,000 hours worked, according to preliminary data released by the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA). The ...
The National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association and the U. S. Department of Labor’s Mine Safety and Health Administration reaffirmed their decade-old alliance aimed at preventing injuries and illnesses at U.S. aggregates operations. The 2002 MSHA-NSSGA Alliance was the first ...
Nearly everyone has heard the phrase, ‘If you can’t walk the walk, don’t talk the talk.’ Those words echoed through my mind as I read a copy of the letter sent by Sen. John Kline (R-Minn.), who serves as chairman ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry476 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry321 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)280 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views