Tags: Institute of Quarrying
Wednesday’s AGG1 Academy pick – W57: Attracting Young People into the Industry – Demographics are Against Us!
Presenters: Phil James, Colin Jenkins, and Julian Smallshaw, Institute of Quarrying The industry has an aging workforce. We need to attract young people into the aggregates sector. Using our proven knowledge of running a successful apprenticeship program, we will demonstrate how ...
Initiating safe, successful blast practices Successful blasts do not come about by chance. They come about via careful planning, assessment, and management of risk, the knowledge and teamwork of all personnel involved and, importantly, what physically happens on the bench during ...
Knowledge of geological joints is essential in assuring the economic extraction of crushed stone from quarries, and detailed studies of joints and other planes of weakness should be included in the exploration and quarrying process. A few years ago, I had ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs712 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries282 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity220 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law218 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding212 Views