Tags: Institute of Quarrying
Wednesday’s AGG1 Academy pick – W57: Attracting Young People into the Industry – Demographics are Against Us!
Presenters: Phil James, Colin Jenkins, and Julian Smallshaw, Institute of Quarrying The industry has an aging workforce. We need to attract young people into the aggregates sector. Using our proven knowledge of running a successful apprenticeship program, we will demonstrate how ...
Initiating safe, successful blast practices Successful blasts do not come about by chance. They come about via careful planning, assessment, and management of risk, the knowledge and teamwork of all personnel involved and, importantly, what physically happens on the bench during ...
Knowledge of geological joints is essential in assuring the economic extraction of crushed stone from quarries, and detailed studies of joints and other planes of weakness should be included in the exploration and quarrying process. A few years ago, I had ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission159 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger140 Views
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar: Modern Earthmoving Marvels traces equipment evolution123 Views