Tags: Institute of Quarrying
Wednesday’s AGG1 Academy pick – W57: Attracting Young People into the Industry – Demographics are Against Us!
Presenters: Phil James, Colin Jenkins, and Julian Smallshaw, Institute of Quarrying The industry has an aging workforce. We need to attract young people into the aggregates sector. Using our proven knowledge of running a successful apprenticeship program, we will demonstrate how ...
Initiating safe, successful blast practices Successful blasts do not come about by chance. They come about via careful planning, assessment, and management of risk, the knowledge and teamwork of all personnel involved and, importantly, what physically happens on the bench during ...
Knowledge of geological joints is essential in assuring the economic extraction of crushed stone from quarries, and detailed studies of joints and other planes of weakness should be included in the exploration and quarrying process. A few years ago, I had ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar mining VP retires amid leadership shakeup1086 Views
- U.S. Concrete purchases a New Jersey aggregate operation363 Views
- Thieves derail train in Mexico to steal 70 tons of cement324 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training300 Views
- Four contractors compete for $1.1 billion I-285/GA 400 interchange project in Atlanta262 Views