Tags: Institute of Quarrying
Wednesday’s AGG1 Academy pick – W57: Attracting Young People into the Industry – Demographics are Against Us!
Presenters: Phil James, Colin Jenkins, and Julian Smallshaw, Institute of Quarrying The industry has an aging workforce. We need to attract young people into the aggregates sector. Using our proven knowledge of running a successful apprenticeship program, we will demonstrate how ...
Initiating safe, successful blast practices Successful blasts do not come about by chance. They come about via careful planning, assessment, and management of risk, the knowledge and teamwork of all personnel involved and, importantly, what physically happens on the bench during ...
Knowledge of geological joints is essential in assuring the economic extraction of crushed stone from quarries, and detailed studies of joints and other planes of weakness should be included in the exploration and quarrying process. A few years ago, I had ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1061 Views
- EPA releases final Waters of the U.S. rule, aggregates industry reacts403 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration337 Views
- Man dies after nearly 100-foot fall into quarry302 Views
- Lafarge announces rural road solution as a low-cost alternative to asphalt189 Views