Tags: Institute of Quarrying
Wednesday’s AGG1 Academy pick – W57: Attracting Young People into the Industry – Demographics are Against Us!
Presenters: Phil James, Colin Jenkins, and Julian Smallshaw, Institute of Quarrying The industry has an aging workforce. We need to attract young people into the aggregates sector. Using our proven knowledge of running a successful apprenticeship program, we will demonstrate how ...
Initiating safe, successful blast practices Successful blasts do not come about by chance. They come about via careful planning, assessment, and management of risk, the knowledge and teamwork of all personnel involved and, importantly, what physically happens on the bench during ...
Knowledge of geological joints is essential in assuring the economic extraction of crushed stone from quarries, and detailed studies of joints and other planes of weakness should be included in the exploration and quarrying process. A few years ago, I had ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry602 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction483 Views
- The nation’s top 25 crushed stone producers420 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company384 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter303 Views