Tags: John Steinbeck
Leaving Winslow, Ariz., we follow the same path described by Steinbeck, past Flagstaff and Williams (the Gateway to the Grand Canyon), and on to Seligman. Route 66 has roughly paralleled I-40 since Oklahoma, and, finally, it veers north away from ...
The trek along Route 66 travels through the small towns of Oklahoma. By Bill Langer Today, we depart Quapaw, Okla., and continue our westbound journey along old Route 66. We drive by several mountainous piles of waste rock (referred to as chat) ...
Valentine’s Day is typically celebrated as a day of love, but one operator has another reason to celebrate. California-based manufacturer Graniterock celebrates its 114th anniversary on Feb. 14. Graniterock spokesperson Keith Severson says the manufacturer -- which produces aggregates, concrete, asphalt and ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 866 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life488 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers218 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts165 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning151 Views