Tags: John Steinbeck
Leaving Winslow, Ariz., we follow the same path described by Steinbeck, past Flagstaff and Williams (the Gateway to the Grand Canyon), and on to Seligman. Route 66 has roughly paralleled I-40 since Oklahoma, and, finally, it veers north away from ...
The trek along Route 66 travels through the small towns of Oklahoma. By Bill Langer Today, we depart Quapaw, Okla., and continue our westbound journey along old Route 66. We drive by several mountainous piles of waste rock (referred to as chat) ...
Valentine’s Day is typically celebrated as a day of love, but one operator has another reason to celebrate. California-based manufacturer Graniterock celebrates its 114th anniversary on Feb. 14. Graniterock spokesperson Keith Severson says the manufacturer -- which produces aggregates, concrete, asphalt and ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities592 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company426 Views
- Location is key for Dolese Bros. Co.'s Davis Quarry421 Views
- A total of 27 states have sued the Obama administration over the new EPA water rule387 Views
- Fireworks are being blamed for a fire at a Montana quarry348 Views