Tags: John Steinbeck
Leaving Winslow, Ariz., we follow the same path described by Steinbeck, past Flagstaff and Williams (the Gateway to the Grand Canyon), and on to Seligman. Route 66 has roughly paralleled I-40 since Oklahoma, and, finally, it veers north away from ...
The trek along Route 66 travels through the small towns of Oklahoma. By Bill Langer Today, we depart Quapaw, Okla., and continue our westbound journey along old Route 66. We drive by several mountainous piles of waste rock (referred to as chat) ...
Valentine’s Day is typically celebrated as a day of love, but one operator has another reason to celebrate. California-based manufacturer Graniterock celebrates its 114th anniversary on Feb. 14. Graniterock spokesperson Keith Severson says the manufacturer -- which produces aggregates, concrete, asphalt and ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1595 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award344 Views
- Brad Powell named IMAA 2014 “Miner of the Year”262 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention173 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban127 Views