Tags: John Steinbeck
Leaving Winslow, Ariz., we follow the same path described by Steinbeck, past Flagstaff and Williams (the Gateway to the Grand Canyon), and on to Seligman. Route 66 has roughly paralleled I-40 since Oklahoma, and, finally, it veers north away from ...
The trek along Route 66 travels through the small towns of Oklahoma. By Bill Langer Today, we depart Quapaw, Okla., and continue our westbound journey along old Route 66. We drive by several mountainous piles of waste rock (referred to as chat) ...
Valentine’s Day is typically celebrated as a day of love, but one operator has another reason to celebrate. California-based manufacturer Graniterock celebrates its 114th anniversary on Feb. 14. Graniterock spokesperson Keith Severson says the manufacturer -- which produces aggregates, concrete, asphalt and ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A truck driver died at a cement plant in Missouri625 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas417 Views
- Dolese Bros. spend millions to upgrade another facility in Oklahoma293 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials270 Views
- A 20-year-old died while swimming in a New York quarry240 Views