Ludlow Sand and Gravel’s Paris, New York, site could be removed from the Superfund National Priorities List of the most hazardous waste sites. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has proposed removing the 18-acre Oneida County site, which contains a landfill ...
The Wildlife Trust and Cory Environment have teamed up to transform an old gravel quarry used as a landfill in Essex, England, into a nature reserve, The Independent reported. The 50-year-old Mucking Landfill previously took 15 percent of London’s waste and at ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Giant-sized Jenga402 Views
- Mining industry expected to lose 53% of skilled workers by 2029337 Views
- Martin Marietta Materials elects President and CEO Ward Nye as chairman of the Board228 Views
- Metal/nonmetal mining deaths rise by 27% in 2013201 Views
- Boston’s only quarry could start accepting contaminated construction fill152 Views