Tags: last blast
A quarry blast drew both a crowd and cheers as it was set off at Hanson Material Service Corp.’s Thornton Quarry last month. The blast marked the beginning of construction of the Thornton Composite Reservoir, which, according to the Chicago Tribune, ...
As we reported earlier this week, the Thornton Quarry in the Chicago metropolitan area will serve as a reservoir in 2015. The quarry, which will be renamed Thornton Reservoir, is expected to hold 7.9 billion gallons of water, protecting homes in ...
The Thornton Quarry will soon serve as a stormwater reservoir for the village of Thornton, Illinois. A “last blast” at the quarry on Monday removed tons of 400-million-year-old limestone, making way for the village to eventually use the site for flood ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world322 Views
- Historical aggregate landmark disappears into Lake Superior229 Views
- Ice climbing at Casket Quarry199 Views
- Can John Oliver's stand on U.S. infrastructure do for highway funding what “Last Week Tonight” did for net neutrality? (VIDEO)180 Views
- Telsmith sponsors white paper on permitting147 Views