Tags: last blast
A quarry blast drew both a crowd and cheers as it was set off at Hanson Material Service Corp.’s Thornton Quarry last month. The blast marked the beginning of construction of the Thornton Composite Reservoir, which, according to the Chicago Tribune, ...
As we reported earlier this week, the Thornton Quarry in the Chicago metropolitan area will serve as a reservoir in 2015. The quarry, which will be renamed Thornton Reservoir, is expected to hold 7.9 billion gallons of water, protecting homes in ...
The Thornton Quarry will soon serve as a stormwater reservoir for the village of Thornton, Illinois. A “last blast” at the quarry on Monday removed tons of 400-million-year-old limestone, making way for the village to eventually use the site for flood ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151088 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1047 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production749 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 2015673 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success589 Views