As we travel along Route 66 near Grants, N.M., it’s time to revisit uranium mining. By Bill Langer We depart Albuquerque and continue our westward journey along Old Route 66, which, in this part of New Mexico, roughly follows Interstate 40. Approaching ...
L is for Lava From Mt. Vesuvius to Hawaii, molten rock continues to leave its mark. By Bill Langer Lava (origin): lave, Italian, ‘a streame or gutter suddainly caused by raine’ (John Florio, 1611, A Dictionary Italian & English). It is ironic that when ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world322 Views
- Historical aggregate landmark disappears into Lake Superior229 Views
- Ice climbing at Casket Quarry199 Views
- Can John Oliver's stand on U.S. infrastructure do for highway funding what “Last Week Tonight” did for net neutrality? (VIDEO)180 Views
- Telsmith sponsors white paper on permitting147 Views