Tags: Law Office of Adele L. Abrams P.C.
A coal company’s attempt to sue a miner who has a pending Section 105(c) “whistleblower” claim has ended in defeat after MSHA filed a retaliation claim on the miner’s behalf and ALJ Feldman ordered the mine operator to cease and ...
In a precedential decision, the Federal Mine Safety & Health Review Commission (FMSHRC) has reversed an Administrative Law Judge’s ruling and, in doing so, expands the scope of what can be deemed a “flagrant violation”--a category which now carries a ...
by Adele L. Abrams, president of the Law Office of Adele L. Abrams P.C. One of the more frustrating legal issues confronting those in the mining industry has been the application of the Mine Act’s “strict liability” framework to situations involving ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs1031 Views
- CRH continues to eye large deals to grow the Irish aggregate company480 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger399 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources384 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register311 Views