Tags: Law Office of Adele L. Abrams P.C.
A coal company’s attempt to sue a miner who has a pending Section 105(c) “whistleblower” claim has ended in defeat after MSHA filed a retaliation claim on the miner’s behalf and ALJ Feldman ordered the mine operator to cease and ...
In a precedential decision, the Federal Mine Safety & Health Review Commission (FMSHRC) has reversed an Administrative Law Judge’s ruling and, in doing so, expands the scope of what can be deemed a “flagrant violation”--a category which now carries a ...
by Adele L. Abrams, president of the Law Office of Adele L. Abrams P.C. One of the more frustrating legal issues confronting those in the mining industry has been the application of the Mine Act’s “strict liability” framework to situations involving ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry630 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction517 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way424 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter403 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company390 Views