Material sucked off the bottom of the lake by the dredge is sent through a pipe to the processing plant where it is run through a wash screen to remove any gravel or rock from the sand. Click here to read ...
At Trinity Materials’ Indian Village Plant, the finer mason sand passes through a dewatering screw and is dropped into a pile at the end of a short conveyor to dry.
VIDEO: Trinity Materials’ Indian Village Plant runs a sand dredging operation in southwest Louisiana
Sand and water flow from the screen tower into a classifier. Concrete sand is separated from mason sand and run through a dewatering screw, and is then carried by conveyor belt to a radial stacker for stockpiling. Click here to read ...
Southwest Louisiana is dotted with lakes, swamps, and bayous, and boasts a very healthy ’gator population, but it is also an area where large deposits of sand and gravel can be found, thanks to the meanderings of the Mississippi River. ...
Louisiana authorities stripped Explo Systems of its state explosives licenses on May 20, ABC News reported. Authorities said they suspended the explosives recycling company’s license because it improperly stored millions of pounds of a military propellant. An explosion in October 2012 ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs1047 Views
- CRH continues to eye large deals to grow the Irish aggregate company479 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources421 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger387 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register296 Views