Tags: mine fatalities
Fatalities at metal and nonmetal mines increased to 24 deaths in 2014, up from 22 in 3013, according to The U.S. Department of Labor’s Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA). The most common causes of mining accidents in 2014 involved powered haulage and machinery; ...
MSHA announces the third phase of its ‘Rules to Live By’ initiative. On Jan. 31, 2012, Assistant Secretary Joseph A. Main announced the launch of the Mine Safety and Health Administration’s (MSHA) third phase of its “Rules to Live By” initiatives, ...
Making Strides in Safety A decade-long review of MSHA statistics shows that more miners are going home safely. By Therese Dunphy, Editor-in-Chief Enter most aggregate operations throughout the United States and a safety slogan is likely to be one of the first signs ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry739 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets554 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year312 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either280 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY136 Views