Tags: mine fatalities
Fatalities at metal and nonmetal mines increased to 24 deaths in 2014, up from 22 in 3013, according to The U.S. Department of Labor’s Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA). The most common causes of mining accidents in 2014 involved powered haulage and machinery; ...
MSHA announces the third phase of its ‘Rules to Live By’ initiative. On Jan. 31, 2012, Assistant Secretary Joseph A. Main announced the launch of the Mine Safety and Health Administration’s (MSHA) third phase of its “Rules to Live By” initiatives, ...
Making Strides in Safety A decade-long review of MSHA statistics shows that more miners are going home safely. By Therese Dunphy, Editor-in-Chief Enter most aggregate operations throughout the United States and a safety slogan is likely to be one of the first signs ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry601 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction451 Views
- The nation’s top 25 crushed stone producers420 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company384 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter302 Views