Tags: Mine Improvement and New Emergency Response Act of 2006
The U.S. Department of Labor’s Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has awarded $1 million through its Brookwood-Sago grants program to seven organizations that provide education and training within the mining industry. The money will be used to develop and implement training and ...
For daily news updates and Web-exclusive news items, visit the “AggBeat Online” section of our Web site at www.aggman.com Stone mining exempt from mine safety bill By Tina Grady Barbaccia, News and Digital Editor After another tragic coal mine explosion, the aggregates industry ...
The U.S. Department of Labor's Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has appointed a team to investigate the April 5 explosion at the Upper Big Branch South Mine (Performance Coal Co.) in Whitesville, W.Va. "Twenty-five hardworking men died unnecessarily in a ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 789 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays188 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts159 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning139 Views
- Attention Congress: Two-thirds of jobs created by transportation investment occur in non-construction sectors121 Views