Tags: Mine Improvement and New Emergency Response Act of 2006
The U.S. Department of Labor’s Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has awarded $1 million through its Brookwood-Sago grants program to seven organizations that provide education and training within the mining industry. The money will be used to develop and implement training and ...
For daily news updates and Web-exclusive news items, visit the “AggBeat Online” section of our Web site at www.aggman.com Stone mining exempt from mine safety bill By Tina Grady Barbaccia, News and Digital Editor After another tragic coal mine explosion, the aggregates industry ...
The U.S. Department of Labor's Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has appointed a team to investigate the April 5 explosion at the Upper Big Branch South Mine (Performance Coal Co.) in Whitesville, W.Va. "Twenty-five hardworking men died unnecessarily in a ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry476 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry319 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)280 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views