Tags: MINER Act of 2006
A pair of recent decisions show how complex it can be to analyze whether an incident is immediately reportable, and whether the $5,000 mandatory minimum penalty has any latitude for lower penalties in light of mitigating circumstances. Under the MINER Act ...
Operators should be prepared for the return of pre-assessment conferences. By Kristin R. White On Dec. 1, 2011, the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) announced it will begin implementing pre-assessment conferencing procedures in January 2012 in an effort to reduce the backlog ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections460 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest389 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company333 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?312 Views
- Tips for meeting MSHA's tougher criteria for workplace examinations308 Views