Tags: MINER Act of 2006
A pair of recent decisions show how complex it can be to analyze whether an incident is immediately reportable, and whether the $5,000 mandatory minimum penalty has any latitude for lower penalties in light of mitigating circumstances. Under the MINER Act ...
Operators should be prepared for the return of pre-assessment conferences. By Kristin R. White On Dec. 1, 2011, the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) announced it will begin implementing pre-assessment conferencing procedures in January 2012 in an effort to reduce the backlog ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151560 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151034 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1008 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production680 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone409 Views