Tags: MINER Act of 2006
A pair of recent decisions show how complex it can be to analyze whether an incident is immediately reportable, and whether the $5,000 mandatory minimum penalty has any latitude for lower penalties in light of mitigating circumstances. Under the MINER Act ...
Operators should be prepared for the return of pre-assessment conferences. By Kristin R. White On Dec. 1, 2011, the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) announced it will begin implementing pre-assessment conferencing procedures in January 2012 in an effort to reduce the backlog ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sales manager killed at sand and gravel plant1067 Views
- Sand and gravel mine cited for 8th time527 Views
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry319 Views
- Responses to Obama's State of the Union address219 Views
- Obama wants 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' no mention of gas tax hike209 Views