Tags: MINER Act of 2006
A pair of recent decisions show how complex it can be to analyze whether an incident is immediately reportable, and whether the $5,000 mandatory minimum penalty has any latitude for lower penalties in light of mitigating circumstances. Under the MINER Act ...
Operators should be prepared for the return of pre-assessment conferences. By Kristin R. White On Dec. 1, 2011, the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) announced it will begin implementing pre-assessment conferencing procedures in January 2012 in an effort to reduce the backlog ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability671 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure546 Views
- 20-year-old killed at sand and gravel mill532 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]530 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 262 Views