Tags: mining safety
The Mine Safety and Health Administration may have failed to collect millions of dollars in mine safety penalties. And it’s garnered the attention of the inspector general of the Labor Department. NPR reports that the inspector general, Scott Dahl, has launched ...
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has reported that three fatal accidents have occurred within a week at metal and nonmetal mines. A September 16, 2013, incident involved a 58-year-old miner who was killed when he was driving a haul ...
Preliminary data from the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) released on Jan. 31 indicates that, in 2012, mining fatality rates reached an all-time low for the second straight year. Fatality rates are calculated based on the number of mining ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program600 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana415 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas400 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents295 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials242 Views