Tags: mining safety
The Mine Safety and Health Administration may have failed to collect millions of dollars in mine safety penalties. And it’s garnered the attention of the inspector general of the Labor Department. NPR reports that the inspector general, Scott Dahl, has launched ...
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has reported that three fatal accidents have occurred within a week at metal and nonmetal mines. A September 16, 2013, incident involved a 58-year-old miner who was killed when he was driving a haul ...
Preliminary data from the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) released on Jan. 31 indicates that, in 2012, mining fatality rates reached an all-time low for the second straight year. Fatality rates are calculated based on the number of mining ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person495 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines393 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger377 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks360 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)339 Views