Tags: mining safety
The Mine Safety and Health Administration may have failed to collect millions of dollars in mine safety penalties. And it’s garnered the attention of the inspector general of the Labor Department. NPR reports that the inspector general, Scott Dahl, has launched ...
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has reported that three fatal accidents have occurred within a week at metal and nonmetal mines. A September 16, 2013, incident involved a 58-year-old miner who was killed when he was driving a haul ...
Preliminary data from the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) released on Jan. 31 indicates that, in 2012, mining fatality rates reached an all-time low for the second straight year. Fatality rates are calculated based on the number of mining ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs692 Views
- Caterpillar lays off hundreds more, announces plant closing in North Carolina365 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity344 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries255 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law217 Views