Tags: National Mine Health and Safety Academy
The U.S. Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) will hold a briefing on June 29 to publicly disseminate information gathered during the investigation of the explosion at the Upper Big Branch Mine in Raleigh County, W.Va. The briefing will coincide with ...
An audit by the Department of Labor’s Office of the Inspector General reveals that 56 percent of ‘experienced’ journeymen MSHA inspectors aren’t trained properly. By Tina Grady Barbaccia, News and Digital Editor The U.S. Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has received ...
Taking inventory By Peter Gould Let us stop for a moment to reflect on where we are and how we arrived. Congress explains its reasons for enacting the Mine Act with an important introductory section entitled “Findings and Purpose.” That section states, ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success630 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned537 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies505 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting463 Views
- LafargeHolcim is considering selling Lafarge India284 Views