O is for obsidian Although a relative youngster in geologic terms, obsidian can change over time from glass to mineral. By Bill Langer Obsidian (ŏb-sĭd’-ē-ən) noun – a usually black or banded, hard volcanic glass formed by rapid cooling of lava that displays ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting939 Views
- Excavators uncover ancient quarry in Jerusalem924 Views
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve433 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime226 Views
- Diesel fuel price report: May 13, 2013185 Views