O is for obsidian Although a relative youngster in geologic terms, obsidian can change over time from glass to mineral. By Bill Langer Obsidian (ŏb-sĭd’-ē-ən) noun – a usually black or banded, hard volcanic glass formed by rapid cooling of lava that displays ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry631 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter412 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way396 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company390 Views
- MSHA issues 87 citations at six metal/nonmetal mines during July impact inspections258 Views