O is for obsidian Although a relative youngster in geologic terms, obsidian can change over time from glass to mineral. By Bill Langer Obsidian (ŏb-sĭd’-ē-ən) noun – a usually black or banded, hard volcanic glass formed by rapid cooling of lava that displays ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1029 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana995 Views
- U.S. District Court agrees to expedite NSSGA's lawsuit against MSHA over POV rule378 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee297 Views
- Dolese Bros. open quarry after more than $20 million in upgrades215 Views