O is for obsidian Although a relative youngster in geologic terms, obsidian can change over time from glass to mineral. By Bill Langer Obsidian (ŏb-sĭd’-ē-ən) noun – a usually black or banded, hard volcanic glass formed by rapid cooling of lava that displays ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources440 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities411 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger408 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company385 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register371 Views