O is for obsidian Although a relative youngster in geologic terms, obsidian can change over time from glass to mineral. By Bill Langer Obsidian (ŏb-sĭd’-ē-ən) noun – a usually black or banded, hard volcanic glass formed by rapid cooling of lava that displays ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Maryland man dies after becoming trapped in crushing machinery in asphalt plant515 Views
- MSHA issues citations to seven metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in March380 Views
- FTC approves Holcim-Lafarge merger after companies agree to divest assets365 Views
- MSHA details mining deaths during quarterly training call283 Views
- Three people injured, two seriously, at underground quarry in Pennsylvania271 Views