Tags: owning and operating costs
Fuel expense in owning and operating aggregates equipment is a constant and will account for about 50 percent of total machine operating costs. Fuel prices have recently been on the decline, but based on history, this trend will soon reverse. ...
Aggregates operations are all about production. Everything relates to how quickly (and safely) overburden can be stripped, and the material below be recovered and processed. Speed has a big effect on production costs, as does general equipment owning and operating ...
Being penny-wise on acquisition costs usually results in pound-foolish results. By Tom Jackson, Contributing Editor The articulated truck has gained in popularity in the last two decades as a highly productive earthmoving tool, proving its worth against other high-volume earthmoving methods and ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar closes headquarters of global mining division, moves jobs to different facility573 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections465 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest389 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company370 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?319 Views