Tags: plant entrance
When Buckhorn Materials, LLC permitted the greenfield site that eventually became Lynches River Quarry in 2007, it encountered some community opposition, despite its rural location. “Once we had the permit, we wanted to show the community that we could blend ...
When it comes to making good impressions on neighbors, CalPortland focuses on the triple-threat: safety, noise, and dust. Safety is the top priority, says Bill Larson, vice president of marketing for Glendora, Calif.-based CalPortland Co. “To integrate with the community, it’s ...
Perfect Plant Entrances
Operations Illustrated: July 2014
UPDATE: This contest is now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted photos. Don’t forget to send us your plant entrance photos this week. You can send pictures of signage, landscaping, and anything else that makes your plant’s entrance aesthetically appealing. The deadline ...
UPDATE: This contest is now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted photos. As part of community and neighbor relations, many aggregate producers have recognized that the entrance to their site may be the first, and possibly only, impression it makes ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger454 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources443 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities402 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company379 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register370 Views