Production of U.S. industrial minerals is falling behind the demand for them. By Bill Langer Industrial minerals are found in nearly every man-made material, and their use tends to grow with our population and economy. Without industrial minerals, there would be no ...
K is for Potassium K — the chemical symbol for the element/metal potassium. By Bill Langer The metal potassium was unknown prior to 1807, when Sir Humphrey Davy identified it by electrolysis of fused potash. In his experiment, globules of pinkish-silvery matter — ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mining industry expected to lose 53% of skilled workers by 2029278 Views
- Metal/nonmetal mining deaths rise by 27% in 2013193 Views
- Boston’s only quarry could start accepting contaminated construction fill150 Views
- Dewatering with Hydrocyclones119 Views
- Engagement is key in community relations107 Views