Atlanta had decided to move forward with a project to turn a quarry that's been around for over 100 years into one of America's largest water reservoirs. The Atlanta Journal Constitution reported that the city bought the mine years ago with plans ...
Officials in Bonita Springs, Fla., are discussing how a local limestone mine will be used in the future. The permit for limestone mine Bonita Grande Aggregates will expire on May 27, 2020, and the city is interested in how it will ...
The Thornton Quarry will soon serve as a stormwater reservoir for the village of Thornton, Illinois. A “last blast” at the quarry on Monday removed tons of 400-million-year-old limestone, making way for the village to eventually use the site for flood ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs942 Views
- CRH continues to eye large deals to grow the Irish aggregate company469 Views
- Nebraska company fined after loader operator dies in accident359 Views
- Three miners injured after air blast following a collapse231 Views
- Quarry being converted into $20 million reservoir in Indiana217 Views