Tags: review commission
Through two recent cases, the Review Commission is expanding what can be considered an S&S violation. By Christopher G. Peterson Many operators may not be aware of this, but we have been in a state of flux regarding significant and substantial (S&S) ...
If it is upheld, the Cumberland case could expand the designation of S&S violations. By Arthur Wolfson A few years ago, I attended a mine safety seminar where one speaker lamented that the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) and mine operators ...
Prior violations can have lasting repercussions that only begin with unwarrantable failure citations. by Peter S. Gould With Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) enforcement efforts ramped up to levels seldom before seen, more and more 104(d)-paper is being issued to the ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry705 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets462 Views
- Sales manager killed at sand and gravel plant248 Views
- Obama wants 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' no mention of gas tax hike225 Views
- Responses to Obama's State of the Union address217 Views