Tags: Rose Ann Woolpert
One hundred years ago, men and mules did the back-breaking labor of quarrying rock to build new roads and towns. Steam locomotives and shovels came to help, but wore out and were replaced. When the last quarry steam locomotive ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve522 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry258 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature251 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky221 Views
- Two suspects charged with arson in Jack’s Mountain Quarry case in Virginia128 Views