Amajor focus of the Mine Safety and Health Administration’s (MSHA) fatality prevention initiative, announced on Jan. 30, 2015, is workplace examinations required under 30 C.F.R. §§ 56/57.18002. But MSHA’s attention to workplace examinations was first publicized in the November 2014 ...
In the October 2011 edition of Aggregates Manager, I wrote an article entitled “No Notice Required: MSHA’s disregard for rulemaking authority makes its way to the Review Commission” that detailed the Mine Safety and Health Administration’s (MSHA) substantive change to ...
The National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association’s Senior Vice President of Legislative and Regulatory Affairs Pam Whitted on Thursday testified before the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) on the agency’s proposed silica rule. OSHA’s analysis for the proposed regulation has ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter436 Views
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars313 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)270 Views
- MSHA issues 87 citations at six metal/nonmetal mines during July impact inspections265 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees252 Views