Amajor focus of the Mine Safety and Health Administration’s (MSHA) fatality prevention initiative, announced on Jan. 30, 2015, is workplace examinations required under 30 C.F.R. §§ 56/57.18002. But MSHA’s attention to workplace examinations was first publicized in the November 2014 ...
In the October 2011 edition of Aggregates Manager, I wrote an article entitled “No Notice Required: MSHA’s disregard for rulemaking authority makes its way to the Review Commission” that detailed the Mine Safety and Health Administration’s (MSHA) substantive change to ...
The National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association’s Senior Vice President of Legislative and Regulatory Affairs Pam Whitted on Thursday testified before the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) on the agency’s proposed silica rule. OSHA’s analysis for the proposed regulation has ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest389 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections372 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company332 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?314 Views
- Tips for meeting MSHA's tougher criteria for workplace examinations308 Views