V is for Verde Antique This green beauty gob-smacks our favorite geologist. By Bill Langer Verd-antique, (verd-an-teek) — etym., viridis (vir’-e-dis), green, and antiquus (an-ti’-qwus), ancient (noun) — ‘Serpentine … of a tint resembling that of the green incrustation on ancient coins.’ From ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Man hit by front-end loader dies in quarry accident1295 Views
- PHOTOS: Rare prehistoric mammoth found at sand and gravel pit1046 Views
- What should be done with this big pile of sand?694 Views
- Watch this: Dredging at Teichert's Hallwood Plant532 Views
- North America sand market to see big growth473 Views