V is for Verde Antique This green beauty gob-smacks our favorite geologist. By Bill Langer Verd-antique, (verd-an-teek) — etym., viridis (vir’-e-dis), green, and antiquus (an-ti’-qwus), ancient (noun) — ‘Serpentine … of a tint resembling that of the green incrustation on ancient coins.’ From ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities445 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company410 Views
- A total of 27 states have sued the Obama administration over the new EPA water rule377 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register374 Views
- Location is key for Dolese Bros. Co.'s Davis Quarry366 Views