Tags: “significant and substantial” (S&S)
Is it more effective enforcement or simply another regulatory morass? by Laura E. Beverage and Michelle Witter On Jan. 17, 2013, the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) released its final rule amending the existing regulations governing Pattern of Violations (POV), 30 ...
In remarks before representatives of several Midwest state aggregate associations on July 17 in Florence, Ky., Assistant Secretary of Labor for Mine Safety and Health Joseph A. Main outlined a number of important initiatives and reforms his agency has undertaken ...
On April 1, 2012, the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) launched phase three of its "Rules to Live By" campaign, which now includes six additional standards for metal/non-metal mines that will be aggressively enforced, presumptively "significant and substantial" (S&S), ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability690 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure542 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]494 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 262 Views
- Officials wrongly closed frac sand mine239 Views