Tags: “significant and substantial” (S&S)
Is it more effective enforcement or simply another regulatory morass? by Laura E. Beverage and Michelle Witter On Jan. 17, 2013, the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) released its final rule amending the existing regulations governing Pattern of Violations (POV), 30 ...
In remarks before representatives of several Midwest state aggregate associations on July 17 in Florence, Ky., Assistant Secretary of Labor for Mine Safety and Health Joseph A. Main outlined a number of important initiatives and reforms his agency has undertaken ...
On April 1, 2012, the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) launched phase three of its "Rules to Live By" campaign, which now includes six additional standards for metal/non-metal mines that will be aggressively enforced, presumptively "significant and substantial" (S&S), ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone621 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle422 Views
- How to stay safe while working with a small or short-handed crew167 Views
- The Underground World Wide Web: A new use for abandoned mines155 Views
- Majority of construction firms can't find skilled workers127 Views