Tags: “significant and substantial” (S&S)
Is it more effective enforcement or simply another regulatory morass? by Laura E. Beverage and Michelle Witter On Jan. 17, 2013, the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) released its final rule amending the existing regulations governing Pattern of Violations (POV), 30 ...
In remarks before representatives of several Midwest state aggregate associations on July 17 in Florence, Ky., Assistant Secretary of Labor for Mine Safety and Health Joseph A. Main outlined a number of important initiatives and reforms his agency has undertaken ...
On April 1, 2012, the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) launched phase three of its "Rules to Live By" campaign, which now includes six additional standards for metal/non-metal mines that will be aggressively enforced, presumptively "significant and substantial" (S&S), ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 897 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life491 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers271 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views