Tags: “significant and substantial” (S&S)
Is it more effective enforcement or simply another regulatory morass? by Laura E. Beverage and Michelle Witter On Jan. 17, 2013, the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) released its final rule amending the existing regulations governing Pattern of Violations (POV), 30 ...
In remarks before representatives of several Midwest state aggregate associations on July 17 in Florence, Ky., Assistant Secretary of Labor for Mine Safety and Health Joseph A. Main outlined a number of important initiatives and reforms his agency has undertaken ...
On April 1, 2012, the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) launched phase three of its "Rules to Live By" campaign, which now includes six additional standards for metal/non-metal mines that will be aggressively enforced, presumptively "significant and substantial" (S&S), ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas420 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents308 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials258 Views
- A 20-year-old died while swimming in a New York quarry229 Views
- NEAR MISS: Miner severely injured after he was electrocuted215 Views