Tags: silica sand
The Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development (DWD) has announced that Chippewa Sand Transport, a Chippewa Falls-based sand hauling company, will lay off 55 hourly workers for an unknown period of time, beginning May 18, LacrosseTribune.com reports. In a letter to ...
Frac Sand 101
The Fillmore County Board of Commissioners in Minnesota last week considered a conditional use permit that would allow Rein Quarry to expand its sand mining operation from 18.36 acres to 50 acres, Republican-Leader reported. Rein Quarry submitted the application for the ...
G is for Gnome nom (noun): a silent 'g' word that really does have something to do with mining Possibly based on miners from Southeast Germany, ceramic gnomes feature the pointed red hat often worn by these miners By Bill Langer Gnomes, dwarfs, and ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs717 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries290 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law224 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding219 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs209 Views