Tags: silica sand
The Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development (DWD) has announced that Chippewa Sand Transport, a Chippewa Falls-based sand hauling company, will lay off 55 hourly workers for an unknown period of time, beginning May 18, LacrosseTribune.com reports. In a letter to ...
Frac Sand 101
The Fillmore County Board of Commissioners in Minnesota last week considered a conditional use permit that would allow Rein Quarry to expand its sand mining operation from 18.36 acres to 50 acres, Republican-Leader reported. Rein Quarry submitted the application for the ...
G is for Gnome nom (noun): a silent 'g' word that really does have something to do with mining Possibly based on miners from Southeast Germany, ceramic gnomes feature the pointed red hat often worn by these miners By Bill Langer Gnomes, dwarfs, and ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter435 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)276 Views
- MSHA issues 87 citations at six metal/nonmetal mines during July impact inspections264 Views
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars259 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees255 Views