by John Best Dewatering screens were first introduced to the mining industry nearly 40 years ago as a more efficient means of dewatering -1/4 inch solids contained in slurries. In most operations, they replaced older technology such as screws/spirals or rake ...
By understanding the various methods of dewatering, an operator can select the best option for an operation. Hydrocyclones have traditionally been used for classifying, but they can also be used to produce a thick, dewatered underflow. This can be accomplished in ...
High and Dry
Don't Settle for Pond Problems
California producer eliminates the need for settling ponds and captures water for reuse. Any time an aggregates producer can provide sound environmental practices while improving its own profitability, it is on the winning side of the production equation. Sustainability in the ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park164 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- NSSGA wants everyone to ask their representative to co-sponsor the Regulatory Integrity Protection Act (H.R. 1732) to stop proposed Waters of the U.S. rule129 Views