Tags: S&S violation
If it is upheld, the Cumberland case could expand the designation of S&S violations. By Arthur Wolfson A few years ago, I attended a mine safety seminar where one speaker lamented that the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) and mine operators ...
by Adele L. Abrams, president of the Law Office of Adele L. Abrams P.C. One of the more frustrating legal issues confronting those in the mining industry has been the application of the Mine Act’s “strict liability” framework to situations involving ...
Strategies for getting paper reduced before the 110(c) investigation. By Donna Vetrano Pryor From 2000 to 2008, the total amount of elevated enforcement actions taken by the Mining Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) for both coal and metal/non-metal increased 67 percent from ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting964 Views
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve500 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime244 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry205 Views
- Excavators uncover ancient quarry in Jerusalem200 Views