One of the newer Administrative Law Judges - William Steele - has issued a decision in favor of a limestone quarry operator in a case involving a worker's failure to wear eye protection. In Michels Corporation (ALJ, November 2012), ALJ ...
If it is upheld, the Cumberland case could expand the designation of S&S violations. By Arthur Wolfson A few years ago, I attended a mine safety seminar where one speaker lamented that the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) and mine operators ...
Might doesn't make right A recent case underscores how far the Secretary of Labor will go to expand her regulatory reach. By Mark Savit I try not to write about “purely legal” topics, but a recent decision could have an effect on everybody ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1922 Views
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant1166 Views
- Vulcan in bidding war with USC748 Views
- 15 quarry trespassers arrested in Pennsylvania513 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up451 Views