One of the newer Administrative Law Judges - William Steele - has issued a decision in favor of a limestone quarry operator in a case involving a worker's failure to wear eye protection. In Michels Corporation (ALJ, November 2012), ALJ ...
If it is upheld, the Cumberland case could expand the designation of S&S violations. By Arthur Wolfson A few years ago, I attended a mine safety seminar where one speaker lamented that the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) and mine operators ...
Might doesn't make right A recent case underscores how far the Secretary of Labor will go to expand her regulatory reach. By Mark Savit I try not to write about “purely legal” topics, but a recent decision could have an effect on everybody ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Four major California areas expected to deplete aggregate supply in next 10 years739 Views
- Product of the Week: Cat 988K loader512 Views
- Diesel fuel price report: June 17, 2013129 Views
- Rock quarry owner proposes expansion in Sitka, Alaska118 Views
- Brant City Council approves water report for Dufferin gravel pit117 Views