One of the newer Administrative Law Judges - William Steele - has issued a decision in favor of a limestone quarry operator in a case involving a worker's failure to wear eye protection. In Michels Corporation (ALJ, November 2012), ALJ ...
If it is upheld, the Cumberland case could expand the designation of S&S violations. By Arthur Wolfson A few years ago, I attended a mine safety seminar where one speaker lamented that the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) and mine operators ...
Might doesn't make right A recent case underscores how far the Secretary of Labor will go to expand her regulatory reach. By Mark Savit I try not to write about “purely legal” topics, but a recent decision could have an effect on everybody ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Man hit by front-end loader dies in quarry accident1307 Views
- PHOTOS: Rare prehistoric mammoth found at sand and gravel pit1045 Views
- What should be done with this big pile of sand?700 Views
- Watch this: Dredging at Teichert's Hallwood Plant537 Views
- North America sand market to see big growth494 Views