Under a consent order issued in January by the state Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC), Tilcon New York is developing a plan to address dust issues at its Haverstraw Quarry. Lohud, The Journal News reports that since October 2014, the ...
To keep your operation’s employees safe when working around and with stockpiles and highwalls, the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) offers these five best practices: Be aware of overhanging material when loading from stockpiles and highwalls. Stay back from the edge ...
The Marin County Board of Supervisors last week unanimously voted to allow the San Rafael Rock Quarry to recycle asphalt from road projects in Marin County, California, according to a report from Marin Independent Journal. Supervisor Susan Adams, who brought up ...
Despite Paul Newman’s charisma, it’s tough to miss Hollywood’s swell sleight of hand. By Bill Langer My wife, Pam, and I recently watched the 1967 movie, Cool Hand Luke, starring Paul Newman. There is a scene where Luke is shown a piece ...
Keeping Stockpiles in Spec
Ensuring That Quality Counts
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule399 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines389 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks359 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger350 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)307 Views