Knowledge of geological joints is essential in assuring the economic extraction of crushed stone from quarries, and detailed studies of joints and other planes of weakness should be included in the exploration and quarrying process. A few years ago, I had ...
Graniterock seeking ‘strike reimbursement, back pay’ after international, local unions failed to honor ‘no-strike’ clause in bargaining agreement. Court refuses to dismiss union claims, too. by Tina Grady Barbaccia, News/Digital Editor The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in favor of Granite Rock Co. ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry646 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter407 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company391 Views
- MSHA issues 87 citations at six metal/nonmetal mines during July impact inspections268 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees239 Views