T is for Taconite New research may yield commercial viability for this lower quality ore. By Bill Langer tak-uh-nahyt (noun) – A type of chert used as iron ore in parts of North America. “In the Mesabi district the local name ‘taconite’ is ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve511 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry247 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime241 Views
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting186 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky131 Views