As we reported earlier this week, the Thornton Quarry in the Chicago metropolitan area will serve as a reservoir in 2015. The quarry, which will be renamed Thornton Reservoir, is expected to hold 7.9 billion gallons of water, protecting homes in ...
The Thornton Quarry will soon serve as a stormwater reservoir for the village of Thornton, Illinois. A “last blast” at the quarry on Monday removed tons of 400-million-year-old limestone, making way for the village to eventually use the site for flood ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Don't drink and drive...that includes your wheel loader!216 Views
- Update: MnDOT makes decision in mine expansion210 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing189 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution179 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress153 Views