As we reported earlier this week, the Thornton Quarry in the Chicago metropolitan area will serve as a reservoir in 2015. The quarry, which will be renamed Thornton Reservoir, is expected to hold 7.9 billion gallons of water, protecting homes in ...
The Thornton Quarry will soon serve as a stormwater reservoir for the village of Thornton, Illinois. A “last blast” at the quarry on Monday removed tons of 400-million-year-old limestone, making way for the village to eventually use the site for flood ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability542 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park357 Views
- Video: Behind the scenes with Lego Technic's wheel loader R&D288 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 273 Views
- Founder of Florida Crushed Stone dies185 Views