As we reported earlier this week, the Thornton Quarry in the Chicago metropolitan area will serve as a reservoir in 2015. The quarry, which will be renamed Thornton Reservoir, is expected to hold 7.9 billion gallons of water, protecting homes in ...
The Thornton Quarry will soon serve as a stormwater reservoir for the village of Thornton, Illinois. A “last blast” at the quarry on Monday removed tons of 400-million-year-old limestone, making way for the village to eventually use the site for flood ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone620 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle427 Views
- How to stay safe while working with a small or short-handed crew182 Views
- Majority of construction firms can't find skilled workers131 Views
- The Underground World Wide Web: A new use for abandoned mines111 Views