As we reported earlier this week, the Thornton Quarry in the Chicago metropolitan area will serve as a reservoir in 2015. The quarry, which will be renamed Thornton Reservoir, is expected to hold 7.9 billion gallons of water, protecting homes in ...
The Thornton Quarry will soon serve as a stormwater reservoir for the village of Thornton, Illinois. A “last blast” at the quarry on Monday removed tons of 400-million-year-old limestone, making way for the village to eventually use the site for flood ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1047 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger392 Views
- EPA releases final Waters of the U.S. rule, aggregates industry reacts343 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration319 Views
- Man dies after nearly 100-foot fall into quarry293 Views