As we reported earlier this week, the Thornton Quarry in the Chicago metropolitan area will serve as a reservoir in 2015. The quarry, which will be renamed Thornton Reservoir, is expected to hold 7.9 billion gallons of water, protecting homes in ...
The Thornton Quarry will soon serve as a stormwater reservoir for the village of Thornton, Illinois. A “last blast” at the quarry on Monday removed tons of 400-million-year-old limestone, making way for the village to eventually use the site for flood ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs713 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries283 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity222 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law218 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding213 Views