As we reported earlier this week, the Thornton Quarry in the Chicago metropolitan area will serve as a reservoir in 2015. The quarry, which will be renamed Thornton Reservoir, is expected to hold 7.9 billion gallons of water, protecting homes in ...
The Thornton Quarry will soon serve as a stormwater reservoir for the village of Thornton, Illinois. A “last blast” at the quarry on Monday removed tons of 400-million-year-old limestone, making way for the village to eventually use the site for flood ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry705 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets453 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either253 Views
- Sales manager killed at sand and gravel plant248 Views
- Obama wants 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' no mention of gas tax hike229 Views