Tags: Verde Antique
V is for Verde Antique This green beauty gob-smacks our favorite geologist. By Bill Langer Verd-antique, (verd-an-teek) — etym., viridis (vir’-e-dis), green, and antiquus (an-ti’-qwus), ancient (noun) — ‘Serpentine … of a tint resembling that of the green incrustation on ancient coins.’ From ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry744 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets524 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either275 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year238 Views
- More sand coming to Carlsbad beaches192 Views