Tags: Verde Antique
V is for Verde Antique This green beauty gob-smacks our favorite geologist. By Bill Langer Verd-antique, (verd-an-teek) — etym., viridis (vir’-e-dis), green, and antiquus (an-ti’-qwus), ancient (noun) — ‘Serpentine … of a tint resembling that of the green incrustation on ancient coins.’ From ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs943 Views
- CRH continues to eye large deals to grow the Irish aggregate company471 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources394 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger340 Views
- Nebraska company fined after loader operator dies in accident260 Views