Tags: Verde Antique
V is for Verde Antique This green beauty gob-smacks our favorite geologist. By Bill Langer Verd-antique, (verd-an-teek) — etym., viridis (vir’-e-dis), green, and antiquus (an-ti’-qwus), ancient (noun) — ‘Serpentine … of a tint resembling that of the green incrustation on ancient coins.’ From ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs716 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries283 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law219 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs194 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding192 Views