Tags: Verde Antique
V is for Verde Antique This green beauty gob-smacks our favorite geologist. By Bill Langer Verd-antique, (verd-an-teek) — etym., viridis (vir’-e-dis), green, and antiquus (an-ti’-qwus), ancient (noun) — ‘Serpentine … of a tint resembling that of the green incrustation on ancient coins.’ From ...
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1159 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program583 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas328 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents291 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge268 Views