Telsmith breaks ground on parts distribution facility
On Nov. 13, leaders from Telsmith Inc., Astec Industries, and the city of Mequon, Wis., broke ground for construction of a 33,760-square-foot facility to handle worldwide parts distribution for Telsmith products. The new parts distribution center will be located adjacent to the manufacturer’s existing manufacturing facilities in Mequon, Wis., near downtown Milwaukee.
“The new parts distribution center will allow Telsmith to better support our customers throughout the world with improved stock levels, ensuring that the right parts are available to meet critical customer requirements,” said Matt Haven, managing director for Telsmith, “We have realized growth over the last several years, which is reflective of the dedication of our 321 employees. This parts distribution center will allow for expansion well into the future, while also providing the service and support that our customers have come to expect.”
The company currently operates a 14,000-square-foot warehouse within its manufacturing facility. Plans are in place for expanding manufacturing operations into the existing warehouse space once the new parts distribution center opens in the spring of 2013. In addition to expanding infrastructure in 2012, the manufacturer has increased employment levels by 11 percent.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1117 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1034 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program558 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents241 Views