Telsmith breaks ground on parts distribution facility
On Nov. 13, leaders from Telsmith Inc., Astec Industries, and the city of Mequon, Wis., broke ground for construction of a 33,760-square-foot facility to handle worldwide parts distribution for Telsmith products. The new parts distribution center will be located adjacent to the manufacturer’s existing manufacturing facilities in Mequon, Wis., near downtown Milwaukee.
“The new parts distribution center will allow Telsmith to better support our customers throughout the world with improved stock levels, ensuring that the right parts are available to meet critical customer requirements,” said Matt Haven, managing director for Telsmith, “We have realized growth over the last several years, which is reflective of the dedication of our 321 employees. This parts distribution center will allow for expansion well into the future, while also providing the service and support that our customers have come to expect.”
The company currently operates a 14,000-square-foot warehouse within its manufacturing facility. Plans are in place for expanding manufacturing operations into the existing warehouse space once the new parts distribution center opens in the spring of 2013. In addition to expanding infrastructure in 2012, the manufacturer has increased employment levels by 11 percent.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs717 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries288 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law219 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding219 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs209 Views