Tennessee DOT chief engineer named deputy commissioner
Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) Chief Engineer Paul Degges, P.E., has been named as the agency’s new Deputy Commissioner.
Degges, who has been with TDOT 24 years, will continue to serve in his role as chief engineer for the department.
“In addition to his talents as an engineer, Paul Degges is a strong leader who knows the operation of TDOT and knows how to assist in the management of a large agency and complex issues,” said TDOT Commissioner John Schroer in a written statement. “This is a well-deserved appointment and I look forward to working with Paul to serve the people of Tennessee.”
Since assuming the position of Chief Engineer in 2003, Degges has overseen the awarding of more than 2,800 projects with a construction value of more than $5.6 billion. Degges began his career with TDOT immediately following his graduation from Tennessee Technological University in 1988. During his time with TDOT he has served as Assistant Chief Engineer, Region III Director, Region III Assistant Director, Assistant Director of Construction for Region IV, and supervisor in the Hydraulic Design and Permitting Section of TDOT’s Structures Division. In 2008, Degges was named “Government Engineer of the Year” by the Tennessee Society of Professional Engineers.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry475 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry313 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)279 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views