Tensar Georgia plant fully operational four days after fire
Geogrid manufacturer Tensar International Corp. has returned its manufacturing facility in Morrow, Ga., to full operation following a fire on June 22.
The plant was cleared for re-entry by the Clayton County Fire and Emergency Services Department on June 25. The Tensar team conducted a thorough site evaluation and restarted manufacturing on June 26. Shipping began June 27.
“For our plant to be back to full operation less than four days after the fire was extinguished is nothing short of miraculous,” said Tensar CEO Don Meltzer in a written press statement. “It’s a great tribute to the many Tensar employees who worked tirelessly over the past few days to ensure the plant was ready for full production. My thanks to the extended team for a job well done.”
While Tensar did lose a portion of its existing inventory during the fire, the fire was contained to the external storage yard. More importantly, Tensar plants in the United Kingdom and China have increased production to help replenish supply.
The fire, which began the afternoon of June 22, was extinguished in the early hours of June 23. All employees were safely evacuated. It was determined the fire started accidentally during normal operations.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry475 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident451 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry313 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)279 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views