July 8, 2009
Terex® Cedarapids JC jaw crushers are known for durable construction and high productivity. Reliability, quality, capacity, and ease of use — Terex® Cedarapids JC jaw crushers are designed to help you increase your return on investment. That’s what it’s all about.
As the demands of business get tougher, and the landscape more competitive, productivity becomes more and more important. And, the Terex® Cedarapids line of jaw crushers has a proven track record for excellent performance and productivity. Inside and out, the advanced engineering of our jaws sets industry standards with features like the pitman drop-forged 4340 chrome-moly-nickel steel shaft and spherical self-aligning roller bearings. Each machine offers you an array of competitive advantages—from improved product quality to higher throughput capacities to low operational costs.
BUILT FOR ENDURANCE
• Thick steel plate crusher bases eliminate the possibility of flaws often found in cast steel bases
• Submerged-arc welding creates a more solid joint than standard weldments
• Thermal stress relief and shot-blasting produces a solid one-piece unit
• Cedarapids pitman shafts made of drop forged 4340 chrome-moly-nickle steel withstand extreme temperatures
• Shaft forgings are heat treated to add tensile strength while finish is machined to resist fatigue
• Largest possible diameters are created through a step-cut machining and grinding method for maximum strength
MORE EFFICIENT OPERATION
• Spherical, self-aligning roller bearings provide the smoothest low-friction operation possible
• Roller bearings require less power, less maintenance and last longer than plain bearings
• Roller bearings absorb side thrust and heavy radial loads without damage to themselves or the shaft, assuring pitman guidance without thrust shoes or other wear parts
OPERATING TIME, NOT DOWNTIME
• Side bearings are mounted in removable housings for easier maintenance possible in a clean environment to protect bearings from contamination
• Housing location insures rigid support to the bearings and pitman assembly, while eliminating cantilevered load stresses to the base frame
Terex is a leading manufacturer of aggregate and recycle crushing and screening equipment. Terex offers a broad line of equipment including Terex® Cedarapids MACSTM Mobile Aggregate Crushing Systems, jaw crushers, horizontal shaft impactors, ElJay® Rollercone® crushers, ElJay® horizontal screens, and vibrating grizzly feeders. An extensive distributor network provides exceptional local applications, sales, parts and service support.
To learn more, visit www.terexcedarapids.com or call +1 (800) 821-5600.