June 30, 2009
High capacity, true mobility, outstanding efficiency. That’s what you get with the new Terex® Cedarapids MACSTM. Using customer input and state-of-the-art technology we engineered a complete crushing system. All components are highly mobile and complement each other to maximize production and efficiency. In addition, the MACSTM is easy to operate and maintain. Add it all up and you have a crushing and screening system that can’t be beat.
The name stands for Mobile Aggregate Crushing System because it is a complete “system”, not just a collection of individual processing units. MACSTM units are highly integrated with each other to optimize production and minimize set up time.
The MACSTM utilizes larger crushers and screens than what are typically used in track mounted or wheeled plants. The unique trailer designs can be permitted for travel throughout most of the continental United States. The crushing and screening units travel under 13’6” high and under 12’-0” width. Interplant conveyors are designed into the units so that separate transfer conveyors are not required. Folding conveyors and walkways set up using on-board hydraulics, thus eliminating the need for cranes or lifts. Also, large hydraulic support legs level and stabilize the units to speed setup.
Not only is MACSTM designed for mobility and high production, but low cost of operation. The entire system utilizes industrial electric drives so that the system can be powered by either high efficiency generators or line power when available. The unique layout of the system provides operator visibility of the entire circuit from a central pop-up control house. High quality belt wipers and skirted conveyors are utilized throughout to minimize spillage. Maintenance is minimized since all components such as gear boxes, belt idlers, pulley bearings, are selected for long life and low maintenance.
Common components are utilized throughout the plant to simplify support and minimize the number of different parts. The control trailer is stocked with common parts and is organized in an easy to use visual inventory management system. Even a completely furnished mechanics tool chest and stocked hardware cabinet are included in the trailer. These features along with the quick setup provide for more time making product and less time wasted on moving and maintenance.
Key benefits of the new Terex® Cedarapids MACS include:
· • Large capacity, efficient crushing and screening components for high production.
· • Move entire system in one day.
· • Unique triple axle plants designed for easy transport (tag axle optional).
· • Highly mobile units travel under 13’6″ (4115 mm) height and 12; (3658 mm) width.
· • No cranes or booms required for setup.
· • Patent pending parallel plant design allows quick setup and requires less space.
· • Area required for entire system is approximately one-third the amount of other plants.
· • Flexible configurations to produce numerous products.
· • Dual power capability (generator and line power).
· • Central pop-up control house allows operator to observe entire plant.
· • Centralized controls as well as independent unit controls.
Terex is a leading manufacturer of aggregate and recycle crushing and screening equipment. Terex offers a broad line of equipment including Terex® Cedarapids MACSTM Mobile Aggregate Crushing Systems, jaw crushers, horizontal shaft impactors, ElJay® Rollercone® crushers, ElJay® horizontal screens, and vibrating grizzly feeders. An extensive distributor network provides exceptional local applications, sales, parts and service support.
To learn more, visit www.terexcedarapids.com or call +1 (800) 821-5600.