Terex Tier 4 Final arctic haulers to begin appearing in North America this month
The haulers are powered by Scania engines that use a Selective Catalytic Reduction combined with Exhaust Gas Regeneration technology, a system that does not require a diesel particulate filter, instead using a diesel oxidation catalyst. Because of the electronics that come with the Tier 4 Final engine, the haulers use a CAN-controlled engine exhaust brake, which Volvo says offers improved reaction and performance, resulting in greater control in downhill situations.
The TA300 will be released in July, with the TA400 following in August.
In finalizing the truck sale—which also involved rigid frame haulers—with Terex in June, Volvo CE said it would take over distribution of the haulers in North America.
Terex manufactured five rigid-frame models, from the 31.8-metric-ton TR35 up to the 91-metric-ton TR100. It also made three models of articulated haulers, from the 27.5-ton TA250 to the 41.9-ton TA400.
Editor’s Note: Marcia Gruver Doyle is the editorial director of the Construction Division of Randall-Reilly.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger143 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views