Terex to supply Takeuchi with 8 new skid steer models
Terex Construction announced that it has entered into a partnership with Takeuchi Manufacturing, U.S. in which Terex will supply Takeuchi with eight new models of skid steer loaders.
Mark Luttmann, Terex sales operations manager at Terex Americas, said that he would not disclose specifically how long the two companies have been in talks but that discussions over the partnership had taken place “for a while.”
“The deal is good both of us,” Luttman said.
In a statement, Takeuchi U.S. President Clay Eubanks said Terex was selected to supply the new skid steer loaders “after an extensive review process.”
Terex will supply Takeuchi with vertical and radial lift skid steers, a product Takeuchi’s current lineup is without. Takeuchi currently offers wheel loaders, compact track loaders, and excavators in the United States. The new skid steers will range in operating weight from 6,500 to 8,600 pounds with a rated operating capacity from 1,500 to 3,000 pounds.
The new skid steers will be Takeuchi-branded and, according to the announcement, Takeuchi will handle sales, rental, and parts supply as well as customer support for the new skid steer loaders.
“We will support our customer’s parts and service needs in the same way as we do our other products today,” Eubanks said.
As far as the benefits for Terex go, Terex Construction Americas and Global Aftermarket vice president and general manager Dean Barley called the partnership “a great opportunity to leverage our manufacturing operations in Grand Rapids, Minn., and drive additional operational efficiencies through our whole production and supply chain.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM People News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar closes headquarters of global mining division, moves jobs to different facility910 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections453 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest390 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company377 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?312 Views