Terranox DTH Hammers Added to Atlas Copco Geotechnical Drilling Equipment Package
March 23, 2011 – Commerce City, CO –Atlas Copco announces the addition of the Terranox DTH (down-the-hole) hammer to its package of geotechnical drilling equipment.
The Terranox range of DTH hammers are designed for percussive geotechnical drilling in low pressure operations.
Low pressure drilling becomes important when drilling in overburden ground conditions as air from DTH drilling may un-consolidate the ground, thereby decreasing the capacity of existing foundations.
In these circumstances, lower air pressure (in the range of 174 to 261 psi) is recommended, and it was for these conditions that the Terranox DTH hammers were designed.
The Terranox DTH hammer utilizes the proven DHD shank on the bits and the Symmetrix pilot bit. It comes in five sizes, designated Terranox 3, 4, 5, 6, and 8.
The Terranox 3 is 35-1/2 inches long, with an outside diameter of 3-1/8 inches. Sizes range upward to the Terranox 8, with a length of 56-13/16 inches and an outside diameter of 7-1/8 inches.
Choosing the right hammer is largely determined by hole size and type of ground conditions. Ideally, the size of the hammer should match the required hole dimension as closely as possible,
leaving just enough space for cuttings to evacuate the hole.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggregates Zone
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry606 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction486 Views
- The nation’s top 25 crushed stone producers420 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way387 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company384 Views