Terranox DTH Hammers Added to Atlas Copco Geotechnical Drilling Equipment Package
March 23, 2011 – Commerce City, CO –Atlas Copco announces the addition of the Terranox DTH (down-the-hole) hammer to its package of geotechnical drilling equipment.
The Terranox range of DTH hammers are designed for percussive geotechnical drilling in low pressure operations.
Low pressure drilling becomes important when drilling in overburden ground conditions as air from DTH drilling may un-consolidate the ground, thereby decreasing the capacity of existing foundations.
In these circumstances, lower air pressure (in the range of 174 to 261 psi) is recommended, and it was for these conditions that the Terranox DTH hammers were designed.
The Terranox DTH hammer utilizes the proven DHD shank on the bits and the Symmetrix pilot bit. It comes in five sizes, designated Terranox 3, 4, 5, 6, and 8.
The Terranox 3 is 35-1/2 inches long, with an outside diameter of 3-1/8 inches. Sizes range upward to the Terranox 8, with a length of 56-13/16 inches and an outside diameter of 7-1/8 inches.
Choosing the right hammer is largely determined by hole size and type of ground conditions. Ideally, the size of the hammer should match the required hole dimension as closely as possible,
leaving just enough space for cuttings to evacuate the hole.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggregates Zone
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger144 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views