Texas Sen. Cornyn: ‘Jobs numbers are a positive sign that our economy is moving in the right direction’
U.S. Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) a member of the Senate Finance and Budget committees, issued a statement on April 1 regarding the U.S. Department of Labor’s March jobs report indicating the national unemployment rate has dropped to 8.8 percent.
The statement is as follows:
“Today’s jobs numbers are a positive sign that our economy is moving in the right direction and further evidence that tax relief, not stimulus spending, is the best way to get job creators on the move again. Since Republicans convinced our colleagues across the aisle not to raise taxes, America has added nearly 650,000 jobs and the unemployment rate has dropped from 9.4 percent to 8.8 percent.
“Nevertheless, Washington’s regulatory uncertainty is keeping many job creators on the sidelines and many millions of Americans unemployed. If we really want to kick our economy into high gear, we need to reign in federal bureaucrats who are making it difficult to predict future energy and health care costs, as well as access to credit.”
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mine worker dies in tragic accident1310 Views
- Update on experienced plant manager killed at Murray Mines1182 Views
- Quarry workers in Egypt risking life and limbs (PHOTOS)1101 Views
- Rare Dinosaur bone found in Colorado quarry886 Views
- VIDEO: Excavator straddles extremely narrow bench, predictably topples over395 Views