By specializing in haul trucks, Hitachi builds them to be more reliable, productive, and innovative. The EH1700-3 features a simple steering geometry, a front trailing-arm suspension coupled with NEOCON™ suspension cylinders, a unique variable front-to-rear brake proportioning — which maximizes stop performance under slippery road conditions — and a low center of gravity to take turns at faster speeds.
The body features a single sloped floor that is continuously exhaust heated to muffle exhaust and evenly shed material during dumping. Horizontal floor- and side-rail stiffeners distribute load shocks evenly over the entire body length. Closely spaced floor stiffeners reduce wear due to impact loading.
MORE FROM Aggregates Zone
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill431 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers389 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg311 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award188 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions181 Views