The Excavator “STAG”™ Angled Edge Staggered Tooth High Penetration Bucket
Leading Edge Attachments, Inc.® now offers the patent pending “STAG”™ Bucket which is a new style, high penetration bucket utilizing the “Staggered Tooth” technology, and is designed for excavators allowing the operator to easily dig compacted soils, coral, shale, caliche, stratified materials, shot rock or frozen ground with higher concentrated breakout force for a price that is lower than our award winning Multi-Ripper® Bucket. The STAG bucket design allows the operator to focus the excavator’s full breakout force on one tooth at a time because the front leading edge is angled. Creating flat trench bottoms is easy with this new bucket also because the teeth are on the same plane, similar to a conventional bucket.
Conventional buckets have the teeth mounted on an edge that so that all of the teeth engage the material at the same time thus sharing the load and decreasing the tooth breakout force. The LEA STAG bucket creates high penetration due to the fact that one tooth is engaging at a time. The operator angles the bucket in tough digging conditions allowing the forces to be transmitted to fewer teeth, thus saving energy and increasing performance, while still being able to shave the bottom of a trench flat similar to a conventional bucket.
The new STAG bucket is manufactured in the USA using T1 alloy steel and the powerful MTG KingMet teeth, and is available to fit on any excavator from 22,000 pounds to 200,000 pounds. The award winning Multi-Ripper Teeth are also available for some models, to provide even more penetration.
The advantages of the STAG Bucket are as follows:
- Focuses entire breakout force on one point for huge penetration forces, allowing the operator to dig hard and compact materials, including sale, coral and frost.
- The teeth lie on a plane allowing simple construction of flat trench bottoms.
- The bucket is far less expensive than other high penetration or rock ripping buckets.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggregates Zone
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger456 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources444 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities403 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company383 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register370 Views