The Hill: Obama to sign highway bill Friday
President Obama on Friday will sign the combined transportation, student loan and flood insurance bill at a White House event, according to a July 3 report by Keith Laing in The Hill.
The House and Senate on June 29 passed a new two-year $105 billion surface transportation reauthorization bill, Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century (MAP-21), the AASHTO Journal reports. The measure, H.R. 4348, passed the House 373-52, just before the June 30 expiration of the ninth extension of SAFETEA-LU. The Senate passed the bill 74-19, according to the AASHTO Journal report.
The measure has just been waiting for Obama’s signature.
For more, click here.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company412 Views
- A total of 27 states have sued the Obama administration over the new EPA water rule393 Views
- Location is key for Dolese Bros. Co.'s Davis Quarry376 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities362 Views
- House subcommittee proposes budget cuts for MSHA and OSHA230 Views