The Hill: Obama to sign highway bill Friday
President Obama on Friday will sign the combined transportation, student loan and flood insurance bill at a White House event, according to a July 3 report by Keith Laing in The Hill.
The House and Senate on June 29 passed a new two-year $105 billion surface transportation reauthorization bill, Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century (MAP-21), the AASHTO Journal reports. The measure, H.R. 4348, passed the House 373-52, just before the June 30 expiration of the ninth extension of SAFETEA-LU. The Senate passed the bill 74-19, according to the AASHTO Journal report.
The measure has just been waiting for Obama’s signature.
For more, click here.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1928 Views
- Vulcan in bidding war with USC789 Views
- 15 quarry trespassers arrested in Pennsylvania516 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up453 Views
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant318 Views