The Hill: Obama to sign highway bill Friday
President Obama on Friday will sign the combined transportation, student loan and flood insurance bill at a White House event, according to a July 3 report by Keith Laing in The Hill.
The House and Senate on June 29 passed a new two-year $105 billion surface transportation reauthorization bill, Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century (MAP-21), the AASHTO Journal reports. The measure, H.R. 4348, passed the House 373-52, just before the June 30 expiration of the ninth extension of SAFETEA-LU. The Senate passed the bill 74-19, according to the AASHTO Journal report.
The measure has just been waiting for Obama’s signature.
For more, click here.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Follow these best practices for safe crushing operations246 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Atlas Copco’s bucket crushers235 Views
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show230 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs170 Views
- Powerscreen Trakpactor 320SR to launch at ConExpo-Con/Agg150 Views