The Rental Show No. 52 in ‘Gold 100′ trade show rankings
Despite the down economy last year, The Rental Show 2009 in Atlanta increased its ranking on two annual lists of the largest U.S. trade shows.
On the Trade Show Executive Gold 100, The Rental Show was No. 52. This is the third year for the Gold 100 rankings, which are based on net square feet of paid exhibit space. The Rental Show was No. 61 on the 2007 list and No. 60 for 2008.
The Rental Show was No. 57 on the Tradeshow Week 200, marking its fourth consecutive year in the top 65. These rankings are the culmination of a yearlong process of compiling and analyzing data on trade shows in the U.S. and Canada by Tradeshow Week magazine. The rankings are based on total net square feet of paid exhibit space, total number of contracted exhibitors and total professional attendance. The Rental Show steadily increased its ranking each year from 2003 to 2007, moving from No. 81 up to No. 61, before slipping to No. 64 for 2008.
Tradeshow Week’s research proves that 2009 was a tough year overall for the trade show industry. With decreases in attendance, number of exhibitors and net square feet of exhibit space, The Rental Show was on pace with the trade show industry as a whole. Seventy-six percent of all shows had a decrease in attendance, according to Tradeshow Week, while 79 percent had a decrease in the number of exhibiting companies and 78 percent of shows had a decrease in exhibit space for 2009.
Next year, The Rental Show returns to the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas from Feb. 27-March 2. The latest information is available at www.TheRentalShow.com.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule398 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks341 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines315 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)291 Views
- Cat backs up claims of fuel efficiency with a guarantee218 Views