The Top 100 Transportation Challenges in Texas
TRIP, a national nonprofit transportation research group based in Washington, D.C., will be releasing the report, “Texas’ Top 100 Transportation Challenges and the Improvements Needed to Address Them,” at an afternoon press conference on Jan. 17. (AggMan will post the findings of the report on its website as soon as the report is given.)
The report, to be presented by Carolyn Bonifas Kelly, TRIP’s associate director of research and communication, identifies the 100 most pressing transportation challenges in Texas and the fixes needed to address them.
It also identifies and ranks 38 segments of the state’s major roads and highways that have significant levels of traffic congestion; seven sections of major roads or highways that have significant pavement deterioration and need to be reconstructed; 11 segments of state roadways that need safety improvements; 11 major bridges in the state that have significant deficiencies and need to be rebuilt or reconstructed; and, 33 roadway facilities in the state that have multiple needs, including congestion, safety, pavement or bridge challenges. Of the 100 transportation challenges identified in the report, 12 are located in the Austin area, including four of the top 25 challenges.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule398 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines371 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks358 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger335 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)311 Views