Thompson Pump supports Haiti relief efforts
Port Orange, Fla. — Thompson Pump & Manufacturing Co., Inc., is aiding disaster relief efforts in Haiti with company-wide monetary donations and supplies. Pumps are being made available to the U.S. government and its agencies, which are aiding in the relief effort on the Caribbean island.
The contribution to the aid effort follows a series of other Thompson Pump donations in recent years to other parts of the world hit by natural disasters, including the 2005 hurricane Katrina on the Gulf Coast of the United States, when over 50 pumps and a team of responders were sent from the company’s headquarters in Port Orange, Fla.
“Thompson Pump joins the world in prayer for those affected by the devastation in Haiti,” said Bill Thompson, president, in a Thompson Pump press release. “We are saddened by the significant devastation to individuals, residences, businesses, and entire communities.”
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest389 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections370 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company329 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?314 Views
- Tips for meeting MSHA's tougher criteria for workplace examinations308 Views