Thompson Pump supports Haiti relief efforts
Port Orange, Fla. — Thompson Pump & Manufacturing Co., Inc., is aiding disaster relief efforts in Haiti with company-wide monetary donations and supplies. Pumps are being made available to the U.S. government and its agencies, which are aiding in the relief effort on the Caribbean island.
The contribution to the aid effort follows a series of other Thompson Pump donations in recent years to other parts of the world hit by natural disasters, including the 2005 hurricane Katrina on the Gulf Coast of the United States, when over 50 pumps and a team of responders were sent from the company’s headquarters in Port Orange, Fla.
“Thompson Pump joins the world in prayer for those affected by the devastation in Haiti,” said Bill Thompson, president, in a Thompson Pump press release. “We are saddened by the significant devastation to individuals, residences, businesses, and entire communities.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry631 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction514 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way393 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company390 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter380 Views