Thompson Pump supports Haiti relief efforts
Port Orange, Fla. — Thompson Pump & Manufacturing Co., Inc., is aiding disaster relief efforts in Haiti with company-wide monetary donations and supplies. Pumps are being made available to the U.S. government and its agencies, which are aiding in the relief effort on the Caribbean island.
The contribution to the aid effort follows a series of other Thompson Pump donations in recent years to other parts of the world hit by natural disasters, including the 2005 hurricane Katrina on the Gulf Coast of the United States, when over 50 pumps and a team of responders were sent from the company’s headquarters in Port Orange, Fla.
“Thompson Pump joins the world in prayer for those affected by the devastation in Haiti,” said Bill Thompson, president, in a Thompson Pump press release. “We are saddened by the significant devastation to individuals, residences, businesses, and entire communities.”
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A truck driver died at a cement plant in Missouri723 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials269 Views
- A 20-year-old died while swimming in a New York quarry239 Views
- Making sense of the split: Don't worry about Navistar, but where will Caterpillar find its 15-liter truck engine?227 Views
- NEAR MISS: Miner severely injured after he was electrocuted216 Views