Thompson Pump supports Haiti relief efforts
Port Orange, Fla. — Thompson Pump & Manufacturing Co., Inc., is aiding disaster relief efforts in Haiti with company-wide monetary donations and supplies. Pumps are being made available to the U.S. government and its agencies, which are aiding in the relief effort on the Caribbean island.
The contribution to the aid effort follows a series of other Thompson Pump donations in recent years to other parts of the world hit by natural disasters, including the 2005 hurricane Katrina on the Gulf Coast of the United States, when over 50 pumps and a team of responders were sent from the company’s headquarters in Port Orange, Fla.
“Thompson Pump joins the world in prayer for those affected by the devastation in Haiti,” said Bill Thompson, president, in a Thompson Pump press release. “We are saddened by the significant devastation to individuals, residences, businesses, and entire communities.”
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs716 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries283 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity223 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law219 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs194 Views