Thompson Pump supports Haiti relief efforts
Port Orange, Fla. — Thompson Pump & Manufacturing Co., Inc., is aiding disaster relief efforts in Haiti with company-wide monetary donations and supplies. Pumps are being made available to the U.S. government and its agencies, which are aiding in the relief effort on the Caribbean island.
The contribution to the aid effort follows a series of other Thompson Pump donations in recent years to other parts of the world hit by natural disasters, including the 2005 hurricane Katrina on the Gulf Coast of the United States, when over 50 pumps and a team of responders were sent from the company’s headquarters in Port Orange, Fla.
“Thompson Pump joins the world in prayer for those affected by the devastation in Haiti,” said Bill Thompson, president, in a Thompson Pump press release. “We are saddened by the significant devastation to individuals, residences, businesses, and entire communities.”
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting961 Views
- Excavators uncover ancient quarry in Jerusalem923 Views
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve493 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime239 Views
- Diesel fuel price report: May 13, 2013185 Views