Thursday AGG1 seminar standouts
Here are a few of the AGG1 Academy seminars that caught our eye. If you attend one of these, please let us know what you think.
Thursday, March 21
7:30 – 9 a.m.
TH41: Defending Against MSHA Elevated Enforcement and MSHA Special Investigations: A Strategic Primer for Mine Operators — Max L. Corley, III, Dinsmore & Shohl, LLP
This presentation will provide mine operators, management, and safety personnel with the knowledge and tools to effectively prepare for and avoid MSHA elevated enforcement and to develop strategies and preserve evidence to successfully defend against elevated enforcement actions. The presentation will review the various levels of elevated enforcement, including 104(d) unwarrantable failure violations, flagrant assessment violations, 107(a) imminent danger orders, 103 closure orders, 104(b) failure to abate orders, and the legal elements of and defenses to such actions. The presentation also will provide strategies for conducting effective accident investigations and for defending against and protecting the company’s and/or individual’s rights in MSHA Section 110 special investigations against foremen and Section 105(c) miners’ discrimination complaints against the company.
9:30 – 11 a.m.
TH55: Plant upgrade yields high cost reductions and increases capacity — Bob Meyers, Telsmith Inc., and Larry Glass, Glass Aggregates
Installation of a new primary jaw crushing station and screening station along with an improved stockpiling system yields significant cost savings and added capacity.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park166 Views
- MSHA invites all mine health and safety trainers to join its training call on April 29159 Views
- NSSGA wants everyone to ask their representative to co-sponsor the Regulatory Integrity Protection Act (H.R. 1732) to stop proposed Waters of the U.S. rule131 Views