T&I Committee: ‘Improving and Reforming our Nation’s Surface Transportation Programs’
The Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure (T&I) conducted a field hearing in Oklahoma City on Feb. 24 on pending major surface transportation legislation.
Chairman John L. Mica (R-Fla.) and other members of the Committee joined committee member James Lankford (R-Okla.) in Oklahoma City for a hearing with state and local officials and transportation stakeholders.
The hearing is one of a series of nationwide meetings the Committee is conducting to help inform the development of a long-term, job-creating reauthorization of the nation’s highway, transit, and highway safety programs.
The Committee sought input on how to consolidate and improve the performance of programs, cut government red tape, and streamline the project delivery process, increase private sector investment in the nation’s infrastructure, identify creative financing alternatives, and other ideas for writing the legislation.
The previous multi-year surface transportation law (SAFETEA- LU) expired in Sept. 2009.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar mining VP retires amid leadership shakeup1086 Views
- U.S. Concrete purchases a New Jersey aggregate operation376 Views
- Thieves derail train in Mexico to steal 70 tons of cement326 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training320 Views
- Four contractors compete for $1.1 billion I-285/GA 400 interchange project in Atlanta280 Views